7CBROWN

7CBROWN

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Our bikes and us fly to Columbia:))

 

      We did it!!!  Columbia is everything that we heard it would be. The people are so so friendly.  The mango seller on the street would not take my money for mango.  All he would take was a hand shake and a smile.  Then there’s the story teller that gave me a cd of his columbian stories.  And again would not take money.  then there’s  the place we bought our oil for an oil change.  Yeap they changed it for us for nothing.  They are all very curious of our story and our bikes.  They go out of there way for us for nothing.  Like” follow me and i will take you to the highway.”  As you can see i can’t say enough about the people here.  the nicest that I have met anywhere in this small world so far.

     Then there is the winding beautiful roads that go through the foot hills of the mountains.  The mountains are bigger here than i expected.  8000ft in the valley’s. It nice to be somewhere that the temps. are cool at night, and not very hot during the day.  The flowers and vegitation here is just amazing.  All in all it’s my favorite country that we have ridden through yet. For sure.!!  I love it here and will return some day for a longer stay.3-18-11P1010776 Camel in Columbia.

3 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful and sounds beautiful. I am glad you are meeting friendly, unselfish people. Thank them for us too. I never doubted they were there--it's just the few knuckle heads who give it a bad name, unfortunately. Seems like a common thread among humans though--jerks and non-jerks. Love seeing the pixs you take. It must be fall there because they have the opposite seasons of us Enjoy the climate--it will probably be colder the farther south you go--if it gets real cold. Still, I can't help but say to stay safe and cautious. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on! Katie and I have done 1 slide show and have 2 more scheduled-- getting the word out about countries that are safe and have awesome people who wouldn't live in the US if you put them on a plane for free... I'm starting to feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for being so consistent on the updates guys!! I'm so glad to hear about all your adventures and getting to explore the world through your lenses--there's a magical, amazing world all around us...enjoy the discovery!! I love you guys!!!! Stay happy,safe and ride/fly/be in peace :-)

    ReplyDelete